Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween fun














Halloween is getting busier and busier for us. I think we had an event for like 9 nights straight. It was exhausting for me (its hard getting 4 kids all done up in their costumes night after night) but the kids loved it and we ended up having lots of fun. Haden was a bit disappointed with his costume this year, he wanted to be something scary and we put off getting his costume and so he ended up borrowing his uncle Blakes old clown costume. He made me promise that I would make his face look scary and I tried, but didn't succeed. So he ended up making himself a mask to wear out of a paper plate in hopes to scare people. I just decided to let him go with it, I thought it will be funny to tease him about it when he gets older. Halle also wanted to be scary which made me so sad because she looked so cute in her costume, but she insisted that I put blood on her face. I still think she looks more cute than scary but she was satisfied. Bailee was loving her bumble bee costume and made sure to tell people that she was not going to sting them. Avery stayed home with Dad handing out candy while I took the others around the neighborhood trick-or-treating. Shane said that everytime the doorbell would ring that she would jump up, grab the bowl of candy and run to the door saying her version of trick or treat which sounds more like "tick-a-tee." Haden is the only one that still has candy left to eat, I guess all my girls take after me and can't resist those sweet treats.

7 comments:

Trent and Amber Whiting said...

CUTE CUTE Costumes! Love them!

The Razzle Dazzle Family said...

Your kids look so cute in their costumes. My little girl was a bumble bee too!

JeniandAustinHoffmann said...

I'm so sad I didn't get to see them in their costumes. They all looked SO cute. Haden cracks me up. Who even thinks to cut a pumpkin in half. That was so funny. I'm glad I could help with him winning the contest. All your kids costumes were so cute. I've never seen such a cute witch costume. Good job Miryka. P.S. it does not surprise me at all that your girls candy is all gone. :) I love my treats too.

FRYER FAM said...

ok the cutes bumble bee, cave baby, & the scariest clown & witch ever I have seen!:) wish we could have been there to enjoy the festivites with the family. maybe next year?waingent

Isaac Jorgensen said...

Mirk, they look so cute! Haden makes me laugh so hard! YOur kids look so much cuter than I ever did on Halloween, I always insisted on being as scary as possible (witch, dracula, an alien) I am surprised that Avery didn't get scared from the costumes at the door. Proud of her!

Isaac Jorgensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FRYER FAM said...

i just showed these to my kids & Mitch said,"oh man she REALLY looks scarey!" & he couldn't believe Haden wanted to be a clown.